We Don’t Waste COVID-19 Protocols and Updates
We were recently informed that a We Don’t Waste staff member tested positive for COVID-19. Our facility and offices will be closed through 10/6. We will operate with limited capacity from 10/7 to 10/19.
As of Monday morning 10/5, all other We Don’t Waste staff have tested negative for COVID-19 and will be self-quarantining for 14 days.
We immediately began contact tracing and have notified all individuals (partner agencies, volunteers, etc.) who were potentially exposed. We encourage anyone who we’ve notified and/or anyone with COVID-19 symptoms to seek testing.
While we have maintained stringent COVID safety standards, this is a strong reminder for all of us that we cannot let down our guard and must continue to protect each other by wearing masks, regularly disinfecting surfaces, washing hands and limiting contact. We are especially grateful for the support of our community right now and will continue to provide updates as needed.
Our COVID-19 Procedures
Since March 2020, We Don’t Waste has been taking measures to ensure the safety of our partners, volunteers, and employees, including:
- Disinfecting all surfaces at our Distribution Center and on our trucks multiple times each day;
- Requiring administrative staff to work remotely;
- Hosting all volunteer shifts outdoors;
- Practicing social distancing;
- Providing our employees with PPE;
- In accordance with state law, requiring that employees wear masks at all times in the office and Distribution Center, on the trucks, and when at partner agencies locations;
- Only holding drive-thru, contactless Mobile Food Markets;
- Guiding employees to refrain from entering partner agency or donor facilities unless absolutely necessary;
- Screening staff and volunteers for COVID-19 symptoms at the beginning of each shift.