Summer Sippin’: The Only Mint Julep Recipe You Need This Season
July 10, 2017
Great news: Colorado’s own Woody Creek Distillers, our signature liquor provider at Fill A Plate for Hunger Presented by CoBank, has let us in on the secret to their oh-so-refreshing Colorado Mint Julep. It’s the perfect drink for a hot day, a shady porch, or this year’s annual fundraiser.
What You’ll Need
- 2oz Woody Creek Distillers Rye
- .5oz Mathilde Peach liqueur
- .5oz simple syrup
- 12 mint leaves, plus a sprig for garnish.
- Old fashioned glass or Julep cup
- Muddle the mint in a glass with simple syrup and peach liqueur.
- Add the rye.
- Fill your glass halfway with crushed ice and stir.
- Fill the rest of the glass with ice.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
- Sip, savor, and say “mmmm.”
You’ll have a chance to sample a variety of Woody Creek spirits at our 6th annual Fill a Plate for Hunger Presented by CoBank on September 14 at the Denver Botanic Gardens. Tickets go on sale soon–we hope you can join us!